Before you buy replacement windows for your home, have you considered energy efficiency? How about durability? It’s not enough to buy windows that offer only looks. To get the perfect unit, you have to consider material, window style, and your home’s architectural style.
Material choice can influence how replacement windows in Bloomington, IL, perform. Certain materials require more maintenance or need painting every now and then. Some materials are also more energy-efficient.
For example, replacement windows of Renewal by Andersen® of Central Illinois come with the advanced composite material Fibrex®. It is guaranteed not to crack, pit, corrode, or rot. It is twice as strong as vinyl and requires little maintenance. Fibrex is also a good insulator, helping you save on energy consumption.
Another thing to consider in buying replacement windows is the glass. Windows these days come with low-E coatings that reduce heat gain during summer and contain heat during winter. At Renewal by Andersen of Central Illinois, our units are equipped with High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass, which is 56% more energy-efficient during winter and 45% more efficient during summer when compared with regular dual-pane glass.
There are several window styles available nowadays. Some of the popular ones are as follows:
- Double hung – This window type has two sashes that slide up and down.
- Casement – Unlike other windows, this style is hinged like a door and opens using a crank.
- Bay and bow – This kind has several panels, usually a combination of double hung, casement, and picture. A bow and bay window in Champaign, IL, extends outward from the wall, creating more space.
- Sliding – This type glides left or right on tracks.
- Picture – This has a large glass panel, allowing for a maximized viewing area.
- Specialty – This window style is perfect for creating a custom look for your home.
Another factor to consider is how the replacement units match the style of your home. The right windows can boost curb appeal and add value. Here’s a list of architectural styles and the window styles that complement them.
- Spanish Colonial – casement windows or tall and narrow designs
- Ranch – double-hung and picture windows
- Prairie – casement windows
- Queen Anne – bay, bow, and double-hung windows
- Georgian Federal – tall double-hung windows
- Modern – combination of casement windows
- French Eclectic – tall designs
- American Farmhouse – bay or double-hung windows
- Craftsman Bungalow – casement or double-hung windows
To get the best units for your home, call Renewal by Andersen of Central Illinois today. We offer several window styles fit for all kinds of homes, whether traditional or modern. Our replacements are made from innovative materials that offer better energy efficiency, durability, and aesthetic appeal.
Schedule a free in-home consultation by calling (866) 693-6707. You can also fill out our contact form here.