Glass doors are ideal options for your patios. They create a seamless transition from the indoors to the outdoors. There are many styles available today, and Renewal by Andersen® of Central Illinois gives you tips on choosing the right one. We divide these tips into two sections: for French doors and another for sliding doors.
Tips on Choosing French Doors
French patio doors in Champaign, IL, homes exude elegance and sophistication. These doors provide an interesting architectural element for patios. When you are in the market for patio doors, here are some tips:
- Keep in mind that hinged French doors will need some space when these swing inward or outward. You should place furniture properly so these will not be a hindrance to your new door.
- You can place this door type in tight spaces because of its small size compared with sliding doors.
- During installation, consider the door threshold. This part of the doorframe provides a weathertight seal along the floor, preventing energy loss.
- Although outswinging doors save interior space, keep in mind that the screen door should be installed in the interior side of the door.
Tips on Choosing Sliding Doors
Sliding is one of the most commonly used door styles for patios. It is ideal for modern homes, but some traditional houses also use this door style. Here are a few buying tips for sliding doors:
- Use this door if you want a bigger access to your outdoor recreational areas.
- Unlike hinged doors, you can place furniture or other valuables near sliding doors.
- To have the look of a French door, go for a French slider. This comes with four panels where only the two inner panels operate. Another version has two panels where one panel slides past the other.
- Always choose a reliable track system. This ensures a long-lasting and smooth glide even after years of use.
Just like your entry doors in Bloomington, IL, your new patio doors should keep your home safe, comfortable, and beautiful. Renewal by Andersen of Central Illinois can give you patio doors with all of these features and more. We use high-quality materials that ensure durability and energy efficiency. We also offer customization options such as grille patterns, decorative hardware, and several color options for added curb appeal.