Since the early 1900s, Renewal by Andersen® has always been looking for ways to perfect the replacement window. Through our efforts and research, we developed our own composite material that stands out above the rest: Fibrex®. After patenting it in 1992, we have used it to create reliable, energy-efficient, and beautiful windows.
To help you understand our composite material, here are 10 facts about Fibrex:
- It is a combination of wood fiber and thermoplastic polymer. Together, these create a strong and stable material that requires very little maintenance.
- It is a sustainable window material because it is made of 40% reclaimed wood fiber.
- Fibrex frames never need painting or scraping. They also will not pit, crack, or rot.
- Due to its durability, we can make narrower frames and sashes. This means you can have larger glass panes for better viewing.
- With Fibrex, we can create windows in Springfield, IL, that preserve the architectural look of your home.
- We can make any kind of window shape using Fibrex, including curved ones.
- Fibrex has the insulating value of wood, performing 700 times better compared with aluminum options.
- Unlike vinyl, it will not contract or expand when exposed to fluctuating temperatures. This ensures optimum performance no matter the season.
- It comes in different colors that complement any architectural style.
- We back our frames with industry-leading warranties along with glass and the installation.
With Fibrex, we can custom-make your replacement windows in Springfield, IL, according to your exact specifications and needs while contributing to a healthier environment. To ensure your home is comfortable, we combine Fibrex with High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass. This helps lower annual heating and cooling costs, blocks harmful ultraviolet rays, and improves indoor comfort.
If you want to add aesthetic appeal to your windows, we also have grille patterns, several color finishes, and matching decorative hardware. We also offer our exclusive TruScene® insect screens for added protection.
If you want to learn more about our window materials, schedule a free consultation today. You can reach us at (866) 693-6707 or through our contact form.